Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dishes

So I haven't really done much around the house the last two days. Yesterday I still hadn't done the dishes from Tuesday & took the kids to McD's for dinner. Other then that I spent the entire afternoon/evening yesterday hiding in my bedroom, trying to disapear.

Tonight I caught up on dishes while making supper. Spagetti, it was easy & we had all the ingrediants. After dinner I actually got the kids to do some dishes. It seems they didn't finish, I haven't gone to see what wasn't done, but since they will be home alone tomorrow they can finish the dishes (and fold laundry).

They're not going to like that plan, but they'll accept it. Besides, what's they likelyhood that they'll get any of it (let alone all of it) done tomorrow before I get home from work?

One of my goals towards responsible adulthood is to start eating dinner at the table instead of the livingroom. That's where responsible adults eat with their families right? Don't expect this to happen this week (of course, it's already Thursday.) Don't expect it to happen this year, I least not more then a once in a while basis. Be impressed if I make it a whole week in a row.

So yesterday the boss' wife emailed me & said she had noticed that I had started wearing make-up etc, and how nice I looked. Of course yesterday I didn't bother with make-up. Figures. Today I made a point of putting on make-up, yet I knew that the boss' wife never works on Thursdays. I'm not sure if I wish I hadn't started wearing it to work or am glad. I think it's going to become expected sort of, though I don't think they can make it part of the dress code or anything. But I do agree that I look nicer, more put together, with it on - which is quite a feat for me.

I did not shower today or yesterday. Did I shower on Tuesday? I will have to check Tuesday's post to be sure.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. He had a bad trip because his semi broke on the way back to the shop. He had to pay for the repairs & it was to late to request to have a check waiting for him to re-imburse. He will get the check tonight, & since he won't be back until late tomorrow we won't be able to put the money back in the account until Saturday morning. After he left for work this evening he did call & check to make sure that I had enough money to live on. I thanked him for thinking of me & assured him it won't be problem. I still have plenty of my weekly (grocery) allowance, I have half a tank of gas & don't think anything is needed anyway.

I cleaned the toilet in the main bath today. It gets really groddy because for some reason it is connected to the hot water instead of the cold water. Seems like more stuff "grows" inside it because of it. It had been ignored for a long time, and last weekend when I cleaned the rest of the bathroom I found I did not have anymore toilet bowl cleaner. I picked some up on Monday & this AM I finally got around to doing something about it. So much better! I'm sure my husband appreciates it.

No other progress has been made except that the laundry room, main bathroom & mud room still look decent. The dishes aren't too piled up. There is too much left undone to feel like a responsible adult though. Still hanging out in lazy, self-absorbed, teenager land. Am I making progress? I'll go as far as to say I'm not losing progress. I'm not becoming less responsible . . . if I don't include that AWANA order I'm supposed to place, the RSVP for the party Ginney is invited to on Saturday & the RSVP for the Holloween party Clint is invited to. I don't know what I'm going to do about it. I've got to act soon. I should have placed that AWANA order last week & it's probably too late to RSVP for Ginney's party. Welcome to Lazy, irresponsible teenager hood. I am definately not making progress & probably failing others too.

I gotta go. I love you.
Bye.
MOTH3R

No comments: