Sunday, March 2, 2008

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, . . . " ~Helen Keller~

So, what about my happiness blogs? Have I given up on them already? Not a chance!!!

Here is my next quote . . .

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." ~Helen Keller~

Here is my musing on that . . . I think basically this means we dwell way to much on the bad stuff that happens instead of moving on. Now granted, real tragedies happen and we can't just pretend that they don't. Everyone has to decide for themselves when it is right to move on, but I think we can all admit that we've dwelled once or twice more than we probably needed too.

So how do we move on? That's not an easy answer. I think it's probably different for everyone and as for my recurring theme, takes effort. I think one big thing is asking for help if you need it. Friends and family can be enormously helpful if you let them, by distracting you if nothing else. But sometimes moving on has to be done on your own, figure out what you want or what you need, and do it for yourself. I don't think there's much more I can say about how to move on. A lot of times it just takes a lot of venting, getting all those negative feelings out in the open. And if anyone ever needs to vent, I'm here for you! I may not be able to help, I may not be able to change anything, but I can listen.

But, you will never find happiness if you don't start looking for those windows. How sad to miss a window open, because it closed before you turned around too look for it. I don't want to miss those opportunities. I know no one else wants to either.

I love you all.
MOTH3R

No comments: